Michael M Wakashige
- Certified Diver in 1995
- Certified in Advanced Open Water in 1995
- Certified Rescue Diver in 1996
- Certified Dive-master in 1996
- Certified (OWSI) Scuba Instructor in 1997
Have been a scuba instructor since 1997. I have logged over 8000 dives, certified over 3500 open-water divers, and over 200 advanced open water divers.
I also teach specialty courses which include the following:
- Night Diver
- Deep Diver
- Underwater Naturalist
- Underwater Navigator
- Underwater Photo
All of my diving has been in HI, including Maui,Kauai, Oahu, and the Big Island of Hawaii.
about my gear:
- Seaquest BCD
- Apeks regulators
- Suunto dive computers
- Canon S70 (digital) powershot with WPDC-40 housing and Sea and Sea strobe
- Nikon D200 (digital) with Sea and Sea DX-D200 housing, and a couple of Sea and Sea YS-90 strobes
- 12-24mm and 60mm for macro – for wide angle
Some of the best diving in Hawaii can be done in Maui – off shore near Airport beach (aka Kahekili beach). There is nice all around diving, and this is where I found the rare hawaiian sea horse. Honolua Bay is a marine life sanctuary making for a nice dive. Mala ramp in Lahaina provides for viewing of sharks, frogfish, turtles, octopus, choke marine life. Hopwever, there is nothing like seeing a couple of 1000 lb manta rays with 12 ft wingspans gliding thru the open ocean.